Sunday 11 December 2011

Week 102 - Chinon Bellami

Chinon Bellami by pho-Tony
Chinon Bellami, a photo by pho-Tony on Flickr.
I'd never heard of this camera until I spotted it in a charity shop for £3. It has "barn doors" to cover the lens when it's retracted, rather reminiscent of the Voigtlander Vitessa that I used in week 89, and the Laack that I used in week 18.
The doors are opened, and the lens extended, when the wind on lever is moved backwards. The batteries that were in it were corroded, so I wasn't sure whether it worked until I got it home and put some fresh ones it. The exposure system is fully automatic, with shutter speeds from 1/15th to 1/500th sec.
I've loaded it with a roll of Kodak ColorPlus ISO200 from Poundland.
The rewind crank is missing, so I will have to unload it in a changing bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment