Sunday 9 September 2012

Week 140 - Brownie Starmatic

Brownie Starmatic by pho-Tony
Brownie Starmatic, a photo by pho-Tony on Flickr.
Continuing in my aim to use as many 127 cameras in the year of the centenary of the format, I've loaded up this Brownie Starmatic with Efke 100 film. This is quite a sophisticated Brownie, with an automatic exposure system, which sets the aperture according to light levels, the shutter speed remains fixed. It has a 44mm lens, which is wider than the average 127 square format lens.

2 comments:

  1. I shot with one of these this year, using cut down and respooled Kodak Portra 160. I set the film speed dial to max (125) and hoped for the best, and it worked out fine. I didn't know that the lens is 44mm; nice detail to have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just developed the film, and the exposures look pretty good, with one expected underexposure. Mine came with the original instruction leaflet, which is where I got the 44mm from, it's nice to use an older camera with a widish lens.

      Delete