Thursday 2 February 2012

Week 110 - Minolta 110 Zoom SLR

Minolta 110 Zoom (Mark I) by pho-Tony
Minolta 110 Zoom (Mark I), a photo by pho-Tony on Flickr.
In week 110, I am using a 110 camera, or to be precise 2 cameras with the same name. The Minolta 110 Zoom is one of the rare 110 SLRs (the only other one I am aware of is the Pentax Auto 110). There were 2 models of the Minolta, the Mark I is horizontally arranged, rather like a bulkier version of the common Kodak Pocket Instamatic cameras, while the Mark II takes the form of a conventional 35mm SLR camera, though it is much larger than the Pentax version. I have one of each, neither of them is fully functional, my Mark I seems to work OK, but there is a several second lag betwen pressing the shutter release and the shutter actually firing, though when it does, it covers the full range of speeds. My Mark II fires only at one shutter speed, which I think is around 1/125th second, the aperture is fully manually controlable, so the camera is quite usable albeit in a limited range of lighting conditions. I have put a cartridge in the Mark II, and plan to transfer it to the Mark I midweek.

No comments:

Post a Comment