Sunday 10 April 2011

Week 67 - Voigtlander Perkeo


Voigtlander Perkeo, originally uploaded by pho-Tony.
This is probably one of my all time favourite cameras, and also one of my best bargains. I paid £1 for it over 20 years ago when a local camera shop was clearing out old stock and selling lots of cameras for £1 each, the queue stretched down the street. This is one of the pre-war folding 127 cameras that I have a soft spot for, it takes 16 3x4cm exposures on a roll (sometimes known as 127 half-frame).
The camera can be pre-focused before opening, and had a full speed range Compur shutter, which still fires acurately even though it is nearly 80 years old, and was last used more than 20 years ago.
I've loaded it with my last roll of Efke B&W film, as it somehow wouldn't feel right to put colour film in this camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment