Friday 21 May 2010

Week 21 - Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor


Zeiss Ikon Box Tengor, originally uploaded by pho-Tony.
I decided that this week I would try a roll of the SHANGHAI GP3 120 film that arrived recently. I was thinking of using one of my old folding 120 cameras, then I discovered this Zeiss Ikon box camera in my collection. I'd completely forgotten I had it, but it seems the perfect companion to last week's Baby-Box Tengor (big brother or father? I'm not sure).
This takes eight 6x9cm negatives on a roll, so it will also be the largest image size so far this year. Like the baby box, it's specs are a little above the run of the mill box camera, it has 3 apertures, and 3 focus zones, I had assumed the focus was achieved by moving the lens backwards and forwards, but on closer inspection it turns out to work by moving a different lens into the axis behind the rear element.

No comments:

Post a Comment